Sarwan recalled for WestIndies Icc World Cup 2011 Squad:

Friday, January 21, 2011

Ramnaresh Sarwan was recalled by West Indies for the cricket World Cup despite not playing a One-day International in eight months.


 The 30-year-old Sarwan has a potent record in all forms of the game but was omitted from West Indies' tour of Sri Lanka last November over concerns about his fitness. He suffered from a back complaint and a hamstring injury last year.

Chairman of selectors Clyde Butts said the panel including Courtney Browne and Robert Haynes was happy that the Guyanese batsman, a veteran of two World Cups, had improved that side of his game. "We are satisfied that he is fit and he can play cricket now for us for a period of time without being injured," Butts said at a press conference yesterday.

"Of course, one has to take everything into consideration that injuries do happen sometimes. "I went to see him train personally as well and I've got a report from the trainer that shows that he has been working and he's improved. His whole fitness has improved."

Sarwan was the only change to the 15 who were picked to play Sri Lanka in a one-day series last November, but which was postponed because of rain to this month. He replaced the uncapped Barbados batsman Kirk Edwards from that squad.

1 comments:

aman 17 February, 2011  

its fantastic news that sarwan is come back in the team.he is my fav.player.sarwan is the agressive batsman.thanx for this nice info.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP